Bedford is a town in Westchester County with 2010 population of 17,335. The Town of Bedford is located in the northeastern part of Westchester County, and contains the three hamlets of Bedford Hills, Bedford Village, and Katonah.
The town served as the county seat of Westchester County during the American Revolutionary War after the Battle of White Plains, until Bedford was burned by the British on July 2, 1779. After the Revolution, Bedford was made one of two seats of county government, alternating with White Plains, until 1870. Westchester County's oldest government building is the Court House in Bedford village, which was built in 1787 and renovated in the 1960s.
The town has a total area of 39 square miles. The town is bordered to the west by Mount Kisco, to the south by Armonk in the town of North Castle, to the north by Lewisboro, and to the east by Pound Ridge.
Bedford has a few minor landmarks, most of them centered around the Bedford Green, a small patch of green space at the center of the historical district (along Route 22). There is a small graveyard dating back to the founding of the town; the old one-room stone schoolhouse; and a few colonial-era houses, still lived in, which are kept painted white with black or green shutters.
Bedford Village Northern Westchester County
Horse Back Riding Trails
Bedford Village Riding Lanes Tel: 914-234-2752
We have 128 guests and no members online